“Lymphedema refers to swelling that generally occurs in one of your arms or legs. Sometimes all arms or all legs swell.
Lymphedema is most commonly caused by the removal of or damage to your lymph nodes as a part of cancer treatment. It results from a blockage in your lymphatic system, which is part of your immune system. The blockage prevents lymph fluid from draining well, and the fluid buildup leads to swelling.
There’s no cure for lymphedema. But it can be managed with early diagnosis and diligent care of your affected limb.” -Mayoclinic.org
At our clinic, we can help with lymphedema in several ways. Treatments that we offer include compression pumps for the limbs, calf exercises, cold laser therapy, massage, and more.
If you have lymphedema and have been seeking relief, come in and see us! We would be happy to help find a program that works for you.Read More
information credit: http://www.slideshare.net/anchorpt/introduction-to-foam-rolling
photo credit: http://www.slideshare.net/anchorpt/introduction-to-foam-rolling
Why is foam rolling important, and how do you decide which density is best for you…?
Foam rolling is one of the easiest and most effective things you can do to help keep your body loose. It takes no more than a few minutes to start and end your day.
One of the most common things people come across with foam rolling is that it needs to be painful to get the benefits of it. That is incorrect, your foam rolling should be pain free and gradually work your way up in densities as you foam roll more frequently.
Breakfast is often called the most important meal of the day, but is this a true statement? For quite a few reasons, this could actually be the case. Here are some of the benefits of breakfast:
- It kickstarts our metabolism. When we go to sleep, our metabolism slows down in order to focus on other things in our bodies. By eating, we are letting our body know that we are awake and beginning our day, therefore we burn calories more efficiently.
- It sets a pattern for the day. By eating a healthy breakfast, we are more likely to also make smart choices for lunch, dinner and snacks. Some good choices are egg whites, steel cut oats or fruit.
- It can help with weight control. By eating smaller portions often throughout the day (including breakfast), we can actually help control our weight. It keeps the metabolism going at a steady rate, as long as we are eating healthy foods.
- Helps with blood circulation
- Helps with stretching muscles to become more flexiable
- Helps to keep your mind focused on one thing at a time
- Helps keep you balanced
Don’t forget to join us for our FREE YOGA on THURSDAYS @6:30 p.m.
Photo Credit: https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/viewRead More